Monday, November 15, 2010



I watched a movie, Ao no Hono (the blue flame) last night.
(Sacrificed 1.5 hours of my sleep for that)

Found a really wonderful review HERE
(very structured, in-depth and detailed analysis)

Story of a boy who sins to save: Basically it's about 17 year old suichi (played by nino) plotting to kill his step dad who entered their house one day after divorcing his mom. All he does is to drink and beat them up, so Shuichi, filled with hatred, decided to kill him to protect his sister and mom with the help of the internet and library books.

It was staged like a natural death but one of his friends found out so Shuichi fooled him into staging a robbery at his workplace and killed him to keep his mouth shut.

However, he had problems covering his tracks and was forced to turn himself in. The day he was supposed to report to the police station, he met up with the girl of his interest who said to him:

Did you really kill them? I can’t think of anyone that I would want to kill. But I guess that people get caught up in situations – where they’re forced to kill.”

Relieved that he was justified in the girl's eyes, Shuichi ran his road racer into a van, leaving her with just a tape recording of him listing his favourite things, and his family behind.

---

He's no psychopath though, for all these was done out of his one and only will - to protect his family.

I've left out the parts with romance and many details. The coolest part is the fact that Shuichi lives in a garage and sleeps in a large fish tank flooded with blue lights and tells his secrets to a tape recorder.

I really loved nino's convincing acting here. Really convincing.



-------

I should watch comedies after the A's, too much exposure to these films will surely leave me desensitized to issues of violence or death :/

If not, I'll get to my econs books now.

No comments: